No matter the desired result, small efforts are the first step to success. Just like a seedling needs enough water and sunlight, we too need to make the effort to nurture ourselves and promote growth. Keep it simple, ensuring you will spring forward and blossom this season.
Accountability is essential for the best returns on your effort. Cultivate this by working towards keeping your word and the promises you make. This quality ensures that your seedling will sprout. The success of an individual depends on their ability to be accountable and accept responsibility for their efforts.
Here are 5 ways to boost accountability. First let’s get in the swing of things. Hope that link got you springing forward.
1) Be Healthy – Take responsibility: cleanse, rejuvenate and refresh to get ready for spring. Treat your body like a temple it will serve you well. Eat your vegetables, drink your water and move your body. Park in the furthest spot and get fresh air. Take the stairs to get your heart pumping.
2) Look Your Best – Treat your body as a temple inside and outside. Invest in your appearance. Develop a grooming routine and take the time to do it. Keep in mind that this isn’t for anyone else. It’s just for you. Present yourself in a way that makes you feel good. Gordon Wainwright, author of “Teach Yourself Body Language”, says that anyone can increase their attractiveness to others. Your posture and bearing says a lot. For example if for one week you stand straight, tuck in your stomach, hold your head high and smile at those you meet, Wainwright maintains that you will be treated with more warmth and respect.
3) Keep Accounts – Financial order, home order and work order; allow for flexibility when planning and executing tasks. Make lists and keep track of any goals, steps taken and accomplishments. You can start a journal to record anything you want to keep track of. As for finances, be sure to get ready for the tax season so that you know where you’re at.
4) Be Kinder – Including others and yourself. A little compassion can go a long way. It can fuel and inspire someone else to blossom. A small spark of compassion can ignite the flame of progress.
“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.” Dalai Lama
5) Get Plenty of Rest– Be aware of what keeps you from a good sleep and take steps to improve. Before you go to bed, set time aside to play back your day. Play the reel to gain insight of how you can progress. It is an opportunity to review where you have been, what you have learned, what patterns you are ready to release and what you are grateful for. Sometimes its as simple as making that phone call or pushing yourself to go for a run or dare to say no. Remember not to berate yourself. It is an opportunity to make positive change in your life.
“In a growth mindset, people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment. Virtually all great people have had these qualities.” Carol S. Dweck
Overtime, being more accountable will help you gain a more relaxed life.
A well-chosen gift makes a client, customer, business contact or loved one feel valued and appreciated. Whether your gesture is celebratory or sympathetic, lavish or low-key, Green & Green always have a range of gift solutions to suit your purpose and your purse.
Have an upcoming event? Let us help you find the perfect gift. We can customize to suit your budget, event or theme; we can even incorporate your logo. We are here to help you stand out – 604-689-5027 or 1-800-397-2882.